Thanks for visiting the Legislative Assembly of Saskatchewan website. You will find a lot of information on our site and we want to make it as easy as possible to find what you are looking for. As always, we are interested in your feedback; please contact us if you have any comments or questions.
How to find what you are looking for:
- Use the search bar at the top right of every page to do a general search of the website. The search engine will hunt through the entire website for documents and pages related to your search terms.
You can also narrow your search results by selecting either the “Legislative Documents” or “Debates” tab. "Legislative Documents" will return the documents in our repository, including Bills, Minutes (Votes), and Debates (Hansard). If you select “Debates,” your search results will only be from within the Debates (Hansard) documents.
- If you are looking for a particular document from a particular day, you have two options:
- The Legislative Calendar – This tool lets you see two months at a glance, and gives you a snapshot of what happened that day in either the Assembly or in a committee. You can select the month, year, location, and type of document you are looking for, and then just click on an underlined date to see the Debates (Hansard), Minutes (Votes), Orders of the Day, Meeting Notice, or Video Archive related to that day.
- The Legislative Meeting Archive - This tool displays a broader range of available documents in a list format. Choose the type of meeting you are looking for, and the type of document, then select a date range. Debates (Hansard) goes back to 1947, but most of our other documents are available beginning in the late 1990s or early 2000s. We are working to add new content to our archives all the time.
- If you are looking for something specific in Debates (Hansard), we have subject and speaker indexes that go back to the late 1990s. [Indexes prior to 1998 are available at the Legislative Library.]
The subject index lists all the topics that were debated in the Legislature with links to each instance, and the speaker index does the same but is organized by the name of the MLA who was speaking. Visit the Debates (Hansard) page and select the index that meets your needs.
We are always happy to help. Please contact us any time and we will do our best to point you to the information you are looking for.