A visit to the Saskatchewan Legislative Building is a great way to help students learn about democracy.
NOTE: All visitors to the Legislative Building must wear a mask and provide proof of vaccination or a negative test for COVID-19.
We currently offer 3 school programs:
1. Little Legislators Scavenger Hunt: 40-60 minutes, Pre-K to Grade 3
In this immersive program, each student will receive a scavenger hunt and search for Saskatchewan symbols, and important people and objects in the Legislative Building. Students will learn about what government does in the building, monarchy connections, treaty maps and Indigenous leaders in Saskatchewan, and more.
This program requires a minimum chaperone ratio of 1 to 10.
2. Two-Hour Enhanced In-Session Tour: 2 hours, Grades 4 to 12
Students will gain an in-depth understanding of the function of the Legislative Building and of the elected members of the Assembly, and have the opportunity to ask their school’s MLA questions about what they see and learn in the Chamber.
- 30-minute tour of the Legislative Building
- Introduction in the Chamber by the school’s MLA
- Observing the proceedings of the Assembly
- Meeting and group photo with your school’s MLA
The Two-Hour Enhanced In-Session Tour is only available when the Assembly is in session. For this program, please refer to the parliamentary calendar to select a date when the Assembly will be sitting.
3. Standard School Tour: 30 minutes, all grades
Our 30-minute tour, tailored to your students’ grade level. Learn the history of the building, government, the Westminster parliamentary tradition, and more.
Note: MLAs do not arrange school visits. Parliamentary Education and Heritage coordinates all programming.
Occasionally, program schedules may need to be altered depending on Assembly business.
Preparing For Your Visit
To help your class prepare for the program, you may want to have your students write a few questions that they can ask their MLA during their visit.
Learn about your school's MLA by reading their biography
The Legislative Building is a working office building. Teachers, group leaders, and chaperones must take full responsibility for the conduct of the group while they are in the building. Please ensure that your group is aware of this, and that they are as quiet as possible while here.
While on tour:
• photos are permitted
• cell phones should not be used except to take photos
• audio-visual recording is not permitted
• selfie sticks and tripods are not permitted
• food and drinks are not permitted
• headgear must be removed, except for religious wear or uniforms
• cameras and electronic devices are not permitted
• cell phones must be turned off and kept out of sight
• visitors must remain quiet, and not participate in the proceedings (e.g. no clapping or waving)
• visitors should rise for the Speaker’s Parade and prayer, and be seated for the remainder of the time
If your group would like to have snacks or a meal while visiting the Legislative Building, please contact the Centre Cafe, which is located on the building's lower level. 306 787 9697
Call us at 306 787 5358