A visit to the Saskatchewan Legislative Building is a great way to help students learn about democracy.
There are two school tour options to consider:
School Visit Program
• A 30-min tour of the Legislative Building
• Introduction in the Chamber by the MLA who represents your school
• Observing the proceedings of the Assembly
• Meeting with your school’s MLA
• Posing for a group photo with your school’s MLA
Note: MLAs do not arrange school visits. Visitor Services coordinates the program.
Occasionally, program schedules may need to be altered depending on Assembly business.
Preparing For Your Visit
To help your class prepare for the program, you may want to have your students write a few questions that they can ask their MLA during their visit.
Learn about your school's MLA by reading their biography
The Legislative Building is a working office building. Teachers, group leaders, and chaperones must take full responsibility for the conduct of the group while they are in the building. Please ensure that your group is aware of this, and that they are as quiet as possible while here.
While on tour:
• photos are permitted
• cell phones should not be used except to take photos
• audio-visual recording is not permitted
• selfie sticks and tripods are not permitted
• food and drinks are not permitted
• headgear must be removed, except for religious wear or uniforms
• cameras and electronic devices are not permitted
• cell phones must be turned off and kept out of sight
• visitors must remain quiet, and not participate in the proceedings (e.g. no clapping or waving)
• visitors should rise for the Speaker’s Parade and prayer, and be seated for the remainder of the time
If your group would like to have snacks or a meal while visiting the Legislative Building, please contact the Centre Cafe, which is located on the building's lower level. 306 787 9697
Call us at 306 787 5358